A quick little bit of info on my professional myself:
Most recently I finished up work as Lighting TD for the NASCAR on FOX season opener video as well as supplimental content. Full CG, ~22 seconds in length; taking digital game assets and converting/up-rez'ing them to Full HD quality, rendered in Vray.
Back in Q1 of 2012, I helped out as Lighting Supervisor for the End Title Credits (MOE) on Avengers. It was 6 weeks; 2.2k resolution (Stereo), full CG, photoreal, battle damage, and macro-shot (heavy use of Depth of Field). I did the majority (75%) of the shader developement and lighting for the 2 minutes of footage (environments and characters, alike). The rest of the team did the remaining 25% in Mental Ray.
The big hurdle to jump was that our assets came from ILM, and weren't built to work with Vray in any form (RenderMan instead). Nor were they battle-damanged texture wise (except for Iron Man Mk7)...